Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mountain Get-Away

Scott and I on a 6 mile hike through the mountains

I crack myself up.

There was no 6 mile hike. We took this photo on one of the "quiet walkways" along our drive through the Smoky Mountains National Park.

After years of trying... or maybe not... Scott managed to totally surprise me this year at Christmas. Apparently the whole family was in on it- which makes me look at them a little more suspiciously, I must confess. I was given a series of gifts that presented me with a new outfit, hat & gloves, socks & underwear- a tad embarrassing in front of the entire family- and ultimately a cleverly disguised itinerary. I say cleverly disguised because the box contained a bottle of tylenol and some batteries. The man knows I like to shake gifts, so he made sure it would make noise. Scott had arranged for our children to spend 2 nights with his sisters and parents and we took off to a cabin in the mountains.

1 comment:

E.T.'s Mom said...

Ahhh, now that's a great love story.