Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Garden Bounty

We've been harvesting veggies for a couple of weeks now. It may not look like much, but we're thankful for it. When we were planting the garden, I was doubtful that anything edible would come out of it. Glory to God for the food He has provided.
Below is my first ever attempt at shelf-stabilization of food. We now have two quarts of pickled peppers. Both jars sealed, so now we are anxiously awaiting the day we can open one up and taste the peppers.



I also made a ground cherry pie, but it wasn't here long enough to get a photo.

5 comments:

Ginny said...

Wow! You done good! I wish I had some yellow squash. Out of all the plants I planted, only one came up. That one was big and beautiful and bloomed and started to get some fruit and then wilted and died. That is happening to all my squashes and cucumbers. I have gotten two micro zukes and it looks like the plants are going to die before I can get too many more. Oh, well. I have friends who are drowning in zucchini and they want to share. Desperately want to share... LOL!

VoiceInTheWilderness said...

The wonderful thing about gardeners is that they are almost always willing to share... and sometimes, as you said, desperate to share! We've been eating corn for a week that a fellow from our church grew. He invited the whole family to come down and pick corn.

My yellow squash doesn't look nearly as good as it could. All the plants are on the small side, and considering I planted 6 of them and I've only harvested 10 squash, it's by no means a record year. But still a blessing! And I totally forgot to plant zucchini!

Lynn Stallworth said...

Mmmm, looks yummy! Reading your post reminded me that I need to go water my garden!

Casdok said...

Very impressive! The cherry pie sounds yummy too!!

E.T.'s Mom said...

Cool! This is my first year to learn to can, too. Your peppers look impressive to me!