Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sucker...


This is our first foray into poultry, so we don't really know what normal behavior looks like. I thought this little lady might be ill, so I picked her up for an examination. She flapped her little wings and pecked at my fingers til I let go. Here she is enjoying her few minutes of freedom.


The weather today was beautiful, so we took the chicks out to enjoy some fresh air. They didn't want to go back inside, but since they're not fully feathered yet, we took them in anyway. It won't be long til they can stay outside.


4 comments:

thruchildeyes said...

Oh cool! Someday I'd like to experiment with poultry. Keep writing about it all!

Ginny said...

LOL! That's funny. I was almost to the point of bugging you to post more on your chickens. What kind are they? And I want to see your coop. (pounding my hoe on the ground in indignation)
;-)

VoiceInTheWilderness said...

I'm such a slacker lately.... The weather's beautiful, and we have maybe a *few* too many projects going on. Our chicks are black sex links, and part of my oldest son's 4H project. I'm glad you keep reading even when I don't post much.
:)

janjanmom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Yes, it is totally those tiny little worms on the broccoli and cabbage. I can't tell you how many times I have cooked garden broccoli and had little worms boil to the top of the water. Then I threw it all out and cooked something frozen from the store.

I love your blog, by the way. I look forward to hearing more about the chickens-I wish we had some!! I hear they will eat garden bugs. ( ;