Friday, February 22, 2008

Of Brothers and Dentists....

It was a most dreaded event... dental exams. Ick! Dentist visits top my list of things I'd rather not do. However, after weeks of nagging from my 4 year old (how pathetic am I?), I finally made the appointments. It was nearly an all day event. We scrambled in the door 20 minutes before the hungry daddy was due to arrive. As I rushed around preparing dinner, I noticed that the kids were working together on something. There was no bickering, no squealing, no toy cars crashing into the walls- only quiet, serious sounding voices. I went to investigate, and found that all three boys were working together to give their little sister a dental exam. She was the only child too young to see our dentist and felt left out. There was a chair set up in the bathroom where Nicholas brushed and flossed her teeth. Elijah and Noah worked together on taking X-rays (they used a camera on a tripod). They each donated something to make a goody bag for her- it consisted of floss, toothpaste, and a new toothbrush. When she was all done, she came into the kitchen flashing her smile for all to see and proclaiming, "My guys took me to the dentist!"

1 comment:

Ron and Ginny said...

Oh, that is really nifty! Now maybe she won't have a fear of dentists... :-D