Friday, February 8, 2008

Ode to a Lurker

Lurk, lurk, lurk
Read, read, read
But you will not comment, will you, O Lurker?

Anyway, I've got a deep philosophical question for you. It's one of those questions that is probably better asked in writing because you have more time to contemplate the answer. Of course, you may not be able to answer it at all... which is what I guess makes it a deep philosophical question. Anyway, here it is:

Are you in submission to God?

Have you ever had something gnawing at you right below your subconscience that you know is the Holy Spirit working in you to effect some action or change? What did you do... stifle it, ignore it, flirt with it and then send it packing, or did you embrace it and go to work? You've heard the harvest is plenty but the workers are few. What is your work? What is the work that you do for the God who gave you breath? Being a parent, having a job, and being a light in the world may equate to submission.... I'm not trying to say you're slacking or anything, but to whom much is given much is required. I think I've heard that somewhere anyway. Is there something in your life that you've put off limits to God? Maybe you've said, "I'll do anything except that." If so,
God's plan will still be accomplished. He really doesn't need us individually, but we need Him and we are blessed in doing his work.

Have you ever heard of anyone who regretted following God's leading in his life? I think Paul is on record as saying, "It's a good thing." Or maybe that was Martha Stewart. In any case, I know how much we've been blessed by focusing our attention more strictly upon things that are profitable to the kingdom.

2 comments:

Ron and Ginny said...

LOL! I love it! Evangelism with humor. ;-)

Thanks for the comment on my foggy picture. I do not have any training, so I must be a natural. But, it isn't necessarily natural talent. You should see the ones that I DON'T post...

:-D

Don and Lynn said...

God doesn't need us individually, but it's for the good of the church if we listen to His call on our life and do what it is that He has gifted us to do. This is a great post!