Friday, November 23, 2007

Showers of Blessings


1Ch 16:8-10 Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.

This Thanksgiving, the holiday was less about my forefathers in this land and more about giving thanks to my Father in heaven. I used to dread the time when we would go around the table and say what we were thankful for, but this year, my heart was so full of things to be thankful for that I kind of looked forward to it. And you know what? No one asked.

God has done wondrous works in my heart. His love overflows me. '
What are you thankful for?




2 comments:

Ron and Ginny said...

No-one asked you? Well, did you jump up and proclaim, anyway? No, I probably wouldn't have, either. ;-) I am thankful for so much, I can't list it all, but mostly for the Lord and His great salvation. :-D

Don and Lynn said...

God loving me so much that He sent His only Son to die a shameful death for me is first and foremost. There are so many other things I'm thankful for, but I could spend the rest of the day here typing them all!