Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lately I’ve had many things swirling around in my head. God has taught me some amazing lessons that I desire to share with anyone who cares to listen. The problem is, when I sit down to write about it all, the words don’t come. I write a little, but it comes out sounding like a second-grade essay without the cute-factor. I’ve always loved to write and fancied myself pretty good at it. So why won’t the words come to express what is in my heart?

Perhaps I have become prideful of my writing. Is this God’s work- humbling me through my ineloquence? It is definitely humbling to produce poorly written blog posts that seem to completely miss the messages that I am trying to convey.

Or could it be that the things I wish to write simply shouldn’t be written? I pray about what to say on this blog. So when the words don’t come, is it that God doesn’t want me to say what I want to say? Should I pray for new direction?

2 comments:

Don and Lynn said...

Hmmm, that's something to think about. Maybe God is trying to keep your head "screwed on straight." Pride is a nasty thing! It's pretty insidious! I know God will lead you to say exactly what needs to be said. Whether it's worthy of publishing or not!

And, since you have a family, I'm sure God sees that your time is more valuable spent with them rather than typing "works of art" for the blogosphere! I love reading your blog whether it's just a picture or a word.

Paula S. said...

I'm reading your blog from a link on the FOTR website. I love to write what God speaks to me as well. I used to worry about my eloquence, or lack therof. I just keep writing.

God is probably doing something through you, but he could just be saying that what you are writing is meant to be read by everyone. Jesus spoke so that everyman could understand what He was saying, not just those who appreciated eloquence.

HTH Paula S.