Thursday, October 11, 2007

Breakfast Cookies

I am posting this recipe primarily so that I won't forget it. I set out this morning to make muffins in cookie form, but ended up doing something different. My plan is to tweak these cookies so that they will be healthier by substituting honey for the sugar. I'll let you know how that goes.

The chocolate chips were only added because I was afraid the kids wouldn't eat an overly seeded cookie without them. Not because Mom likes chocolate chips.
Seed Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups freshly milled soft white flour
1/2 cup freshly milled pinto bean flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 handful golden flax seeds
1 handful raw sunflower seeds
1 handful millet
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, blend eggs, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well. Make into 1" balls (I use a cookie scoop to do this)and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Yields 45 cookies.

No comments: