Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Visitin' With Family


We had a chance to go into Knoxville on Sunday afternoon and see my side of the gene pool. We were able to see my sister and my younger brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. We had a great time catching up and reminiscing. Scott had to work 1 hour outside of Knoxville, so the kids and I spent the day with my brother and his family. I actually felt like an aunt! We even had the opportunity to babysit for a short 20 minutes while some errands were run. The trip there seemed remarkably short after the drive from Texas, and we're hoping to do it more often.

2 comments:

Tish said...

I think Gloria's smile is the cutest I've ever seen. I absolutely loved seeing her smile the other night. And I'm so glad this photo captured that! She's adorable! The other kids are great too, but I just can't resist that smile!

VoiceInTheWilderness said...

Well, thank you! She's something else, that girl! She'll flash that smile as soon as she sees the camera come out. Gloria tends to be a bit of a ham. When she cries, if I can't actually fix what she is crying about, I ask her if the tears took away her smile. She'll dig deep and pull out something that looks more like a grimace than a smile, but after a couple of tries, that happy smile comes back.