Monday, August 6, 2007

A Day in the Life...

Today has been a good day. I woke up trying to put out of my mind the leftover emotional stress of the weekend. There's just something about having 4 kids around the table doing their schoolwork all AT THE SAME TIME and requesting help with various things that makes a person focus on the here and now. My 2 youngest are not old enough to need to do school, but the older brothers make it look so fun that they can't resist pulling out some books & crayons and putting in requests for flash card time. I got two loads of laundry done(well,they are still hanging out to dry) and two loads of dishes washed (Praise God for the dishwasher!)and dinner started in the crockpot (Black Bean Soup) in between helping the kids with their schoolwork. After the rush of morning schoolwork, we made a couple of loaves of bread. Now with dinner started, schoolwork done, & the husband's secretarial requests filled, all of the pressing stuff is over. There's lots left to do, but I think we are just going to take it easy the rest of the afternoon. Gloria is already asleep on my lap.

I have been gathering information for a trip to Dallas in the beginning of September. Scott's got to go there for a meeting and we are planning to go with him. The kids don't know it yet, just in case there are last minute changes to our plans.
We were hoping to see this guy while in Texas, but the state fair doesn't start til Sept. 21. Scott has fond memories of Big Tex & the Texas State Fair from his childhood.

I'll save the weekend update for Scott. Hopefully he will feel up to it tonight. He'll have a better perspective on it than I do. He'll tell you all about how he met our neighbors & new friends Joe and Hannah.

No comments: