Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Morning Again

A friend recently gave me a copy of William Law's Rules for Holy Living. He wrote most of these rules for holy living when he was just 18 years old. I thought I would share the first couple....

1. The greatness of human nature consists in nothing else but in being a channel for the Divine nature of God to express Himself and show forth His fruits, which all stem from love, for God is love.
2. If I speak without love, I'm doing nothing but making noise. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and have all knowledge; and if I have a faith so strong that it can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all my possessions to feed the poor, or even become a martyr, but do not have love, I'm worthless. Love, that is, God's love, is always patient, it is always kind; love is not selfish, love does not take into account a wrong suffered; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. God's love never fails! 1Corinthians 13 1-8

No comments: