Thursday, June 7, 2007

Another Provision

On Wednesday nights, we always feed our youth group. I did not plan ahead this week, and so on Wednesday morning I sat down to brainstorm about what I could prepare with the ingredients I had on hand. It wasn't much, and I was a tad stressed about a last minute dash to the grocery store followed by an afternoon of cooking... then transporting it all to church. No sooner than I had turned my attention to this matter, my telephone rang. On the other end was a lady from church whose daughter had gotten married over the weekend. She asked, "Could you use a crock pot full of meatballs, sandwiches, fruit, cake, and punch for your kids tonight?" Sweeeet! I didn't even ask, and my God provided. He cares so much about what we are doing, and it has become very clear to me that He has a wonderful plan for the young people who are coming to our church.
Our faith may be such that we soon will put our kids at a table of empty plates and see what God will provide. (See the George Muller post.) I know I shouldn't be surprised by God's attention to detail, and I'm really not... it is just that it is so overwhelmingly comforting to know He is always at work, never sleeping.

No comments: