Monday, February 19, 2007

A New Baby!

Not for us, though. My brother Jake and his wife Rebekah have just found out that baby number 2 is on the way. I'm so happy for them! Their son is only 6 months old, so these 2 will probably be inseparable as they grow up. Already people have made rude remarks to them about having another baby. Our society is so anti-family...
Our youth group attendance usually runs between 45 and 60 kids on Wednesdays. Of these kids, we have fewer than 5 with married parents. I am sure that is the root of many of their problems. I know that things happen and it is sometimes a very good thing that couples split up. It is just a shame that there are so many kids hanging in the balance.
And still when a young, happy couple proudly announces to their friends and family members that they are expecting a new baby, people have the audacity to make degrading remarks. Life is beautiful in all its forms, but none so breath-taking as a newly formed baby. I, for one, am thrilled. I only wish that we lived closer together.

No comments: