Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

We have all been sick to some varying degree this week. Gloria had an allergic reaction to her antibiotics last night that kept her and us up almost half of the night. She had an itchy rash and hives. The boys have had sneezing, coughing, congestion, and fevers. We are fortunate that it has been nothing serious, but it makes it difficult to get anything done. Nicholas & I made it to church this morning, but none of us made it tonight. We weren't alone. It looked like about half of the church membership was missing. Half of those who came were coughing, sneezing, and the like.

Definitely not the most exciting New Year's Eve that we've ever spent, but it is actually pretty close to average. We usually ring in the "New Year" by falling asleep around 11 and waking up in the new year. I can't remember the last year that we "celebrated". I am not complaining. We had planned to spend either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day with a family that we have become friends with over the course of this year, but they got sick and had to cancel even before we did.

Alas, we will "snore" in the New Year, yet again.

1 comment:

Tish said...

I hope you are all better soon! I think I'm getting it as well. I've had a sore throat for three days now. :(

Happy New Year!